Monday, January 19, 2009

Quebec!

12.25.08 - Quebec City, Quebec, Canada - The Nunnally clan set new lows (pun intended) for "The coldest I've ever been is..." and we visited the Old World on a three day trip to Quebec over Christmas. The city was awesome, walkable, icy. I ate wayyyyy too much pate (including a creme brulee pate which was AWESOME), raclette (a Nunnally family favorite) and French onion soup. 

Christmas day was highlighted by Osso Bucco, poutine and 5 degree Farehnheit temps. A good time was had by all. In case you're wondering I got stationary for Christmas (actually a great gift and yes, I am old because I thought it was a great gift) and I gave my parents bacon.

Hope yours was just as eventful. 

Au revoir,

Guglie

Rue St. Pierre in Old Quebec (400 years old to be exact) and in the background is the Fairmont Hotel (city landmark and quite famous).
Mon mere. 
Mon pare tries to master maple syrup taffy made on snow. (Snow candy?)
Icy city walls and the flag...how Canadian.

1 comment:

KJF said...

for the record, Montreal is better. So come visit!