Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Neil and Sarah's Wedding

07.20.13 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Over the weekend I had the great pleasure of shooting Neil and Sarah's fabulous wedding receptions in Milwaukee at the Villa Filomena on Friday and at the Milwaukee Historical Society on Saturday night. They met at a beach bar in Goa, India and the rest is history. Neil's family hosted a traditional Indian reception (with some great food, I might add) Friday night and they held a more formal dinner on Saturday. 

I always love shooting the dance party that follows the wedding and this time I got to do it two nights in a row, which was awesome. I've always felt that shooting the reception is a lot like my experience shooting sports in that it's all about setting a trap and waiting for the perfect moment. Here are some of my favorite moments below. 

Cheers,

Will

Sarah's father plays around with some of the props.

Neil's mom performs a dance for the couple.


Dessert, the scene.

Neil.

Sarah.

The Treatment, based in Chicago, played a two hour Soul and R&B set to kick off the night.

Breaking it down.

This was the last thing of the night, Skyping with a relative back in India. Technology. Wow.

No comments: