Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Segovia

10.28.10 - Segovia, Spain - The fourth week of school I got to go with the fifth and sixth graders to Segovia. I know, my job is awesome. Stop.

I hadn't been, so it was a cool visit, though we didn't spend much time wandering the streets. I especially liked the aqueduct and the old Jewish quarter. We also made a stop at the Esteban Vicente Contemporary Art Museum (free entrance), which is worth a visit.

-Will

The kids posing in front of the aqueduct.
You can make out the cathedral and a photographer in the sunglasses. It was a great day.
Javi giving his best tour guide impression in front of the cathedral to open-mouthed fifth graders.
As I mentioned I found the Jewish quarter particularily interesting and plan to go back to try the sefardic food. This was a monument in the area.
We took a drawing lesson at the art museum. It was cool, but knowing the limits of my artistic abilities, I stuck to making photographs of kids drawing. So sue me.

No comments: