Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

11.25.11 - Robledo de Chavela, Spain - Thanksgiving always makes me homesick given that combines my two favorite things in the world: good food and football. The last two years I've made an effort to impart the importance of Thanksgiving to Spaniards. In turn, they've nodded and smiled.

This year I set about brainwashing my students by teaching them the story of the first Thanksgiving and making them make hand turkeys. Most of them thought they were peacocks, so you probably have an idea of how successful I was. Be that as it may, we learned something dammit.

On Saturday (I know, I know, but they don't give you a day off in the middle of the week here), we celebrated with Americans and the ever present Eramus students. I think we horrified the French students with the amount of food, but the Spanish and Belgians seemed happy. At any rate the food was good (and the wine too!) and we left set for the Christmas season.

-Will

The making of a hand turkey.
We put them on the wall outside my class.
Libby carving the bird.
Mmmm, pie.
Yes, I have a photo of President Obama in my classroom. Yes, I dress him up for holidays. Got a problem with that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.
Push Up Bra



Instant breast lifts provides high-quality instant breast lifts and gel petals. Don't get tricked in buying copycats. Buy 3M quality lift and gel petals.
Bra Tape